The women of wonderstrange might not be fashion plates in the real world, but we have recently discovered that we can dress a paper doll like, um, um, some kind of mad, mustache-twirling, paper-doll-dressing genius! Mwahahaha! Download our very first paper doll for free, then check out our Costume Party Package, so you can dress her up and user her on a variety of gift tags and cards! We’ve even got samples to inspire you!
Since Cindy had this most marvelous idea, she started us off by drawing the doll. To grab her for yourself – well, the doll, that is – just click, size, and print. You can’t have Cindy. She’s ours.
What can you do with this sweet lady? For one thing, you can color and dress her, an experience filled with Vitamin Nostalgia and 25% of your Recommended Daily Stress Relief. (For the remaining 75%, we recommend some combination of yoga, popcorn, and Law & Order: SVU.) To give us an example of stress relief in action, Cindy used two of the outfits in the Costume Party Package, dressed the doll up as Red Riding Hood, and promptly sent Benson and Stabler after the Big Bad Wolf. Or so we hear.
Sarah, meanwhile, made two costumes of her own, one of which is this fantastic Alice costume with a sweet (if mildly expired) little bunny:
Between the Red Riding Hood costume and the Alice costume, I think this paper doll makes a great gift for a little girl – with or without the ridiculously easy pocket card!
As for my contribution, I had to throw in some love for the men in the crowd, because finding images to use on cards for men is obnoxiously difficult. Here’s a lightning quick tutorial for a fun, man-friendly card using the doll and one of my costumes: A sexy C3PO from Star Wars. Ready?
1. Cut a card from cardstock (4×6, 5×7 – whatever size you like).
2. Choose a decorative paper and color the costume. (Mmmm. Coloring.)
3. Trim the decorative paper so it is slightly smaller than your card. Remove the costume, lay the doll on the decorative paper, and trace around her, then cut inside the line with a craft knife.
3. Repeat the process with the front of the card.
4. Adhere the doll to the inside of the card so she’s visible through the opening in the front.
5. Tape the costume to the back of the decorative paper using the tabs. (I just used Scotch tape, because let’s be honest: Most men are throwing a card in the trash. Quickly.) To hide the tape, adhere the decorative paper to the front of the card, so the costume and the tabs are sandwiched in between. Now you have a lovely peekaboo card – dressed when it’s closed, undressed when it’s open! Whose gentleman friend isn’t loving that?!
To see the complete Costume Party Package, which features seven different outfits plus accessories, click here!