Good evening, Chroniclers! Welcome to week 2 – I hope you’re enjoying this process so far! Here is the explanation post if you’re new here.
This week we’re heading to YouTube for inspiration. I find myself watching YouTube videos probably more often than I should, but it is always a good way to kill 15 minutes and is always inspiring. While watching a video on Agnes Cecile’s channel, I found myself wondering if I could do that blobby watercolor thing even though I don’t do realism and figured this was a good time to try it!
SO. Your prompts for this week! Do as many or as little as your little heart desires!
- Main Spread: Check out some art/mixed media/technique videos on YouTube and try one out.
- Journaling: Write about your experience with that technique, what you learned, what you want to learn, how you can apply it, etc.
- Photography: Take a picture of something you love. Alternatively print out a picture of something you love.
- Journaling: Write down a quote that resonates with you, makes you laugh, makes you think, does something to you emotionally. It can be completely random and have absolutely no context.
- Art/Photography: Think about skills you want to acquire. Work on it, even if it’s ugly and weird.
- DOODLE. Use ink. Trust yourself.
- Destash: Use something you’ve had for a while/something you’re hoarding
- Attach any ephemera/mementos that are making you happyp
- Optional Journal52 prompt: Somewhere, A Simple Place
Like I said, my YouTube inspiration was Agnes Cecile (there are tons of blobby watercolor artists on YouTube, but hers were the most fascinating):
and here’s a closeup just cause I love it:
I was really into internet memes this week, and these are a couple that I saved so that I could use them in comments or messages on Facebook. I am an ultra annoying Facebook friend:
I want to learn how to make more seamless and interesting collages. I really am not great at collage, so I figured this is a good place to try it out:
There is also doodling, destashing, and a completely random quote (it came from Parks and Recreation – I’m bingeing).
AND FINALLY my Journal52 entry:
That simple place is in my head. If only.
Let’s see what you’re up to! Link up your blog, flickr, facebook photos, deviantart page, myspace?!! so that we can come comment and check you out!