HOLY CRAP it feels good to be well-rested!! I have a few weeks between shows, so time to catch up and maybe actually get AHEAD of things for once. SHOCK! AWE!! WOOT!
Here are your prompts this week!
- Anthropomorphize something
- Draw your breakfast/lunch/dinner/coffee/pound cake. Give it a face if you want, make it moldy, make it covered in fire ants and hibiscus flowers. Make it interesting.
- Draw something off one of our 100 things to draw lists! (here’s 2011,2012, 2013, and 2014)
- Pick up the closest art supply and try to find three different ways to use it.
- Optional Journal52 prompt: Technology
- If you do art prompts that are tutorials, a technique you’re learning, etc., write about your experiences.
- Write about your favorite thing that happened this week.
- Write three random facts about someone famous or infamous who was born today.
- Take a walk and actually make an effort to look around you instead of getting lost in your own thoughts. Take a picture of a cool thing you see.
- Experiment with light
- Go to http://photochallenge.org/ and do this week’s challenge
- Optional: Captureyour365 prompt for any day or every day this week.
- Paste in something that makes you happy
- You’ve seen 101081509157809175 funny pictures/memes/shares on Facebook this week – if one really really makes you laugh, print it out and paste it in.
- Use something you’ve been holding onto for more than a year.
This week I actually have a little bit of art to show! SHOCK! AWE! GASP!
For the ‘use something you can’t stop buying’ (tissue paper and stencils) and ‘use ripped paper’ prompts… I have become absolutely OBSESSED with this technique (I did this for the Artistcellar post last week and then repeated the technique for the 50 canvases post) and am about to finish up the Summer of Color prompts in the same fashion.
If you have pages to share, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org – I’d love to post them in next week’s post!
Until next week, I’ll leave you with this, my inspirational thought of the day: humans aren’t nearly as appealing as fireflies when they’re begging to get laid.