There is exactly one more week to go in the wonderstrange Holiday Contest, which means you have SEVEN DAYS to finish your projects for a chance to win one of two Amazon gift cards that you can spend on presents! I have received some entries at email@example.com. You can use that email to send pics, or you can use Mr. Linky below. The rules, as ever, are at the bottom of the post. Meanwhile, this week’s entry from me!
Last weekend, I found an Effanbee Baby Dainty at my local antique mall for a totally brilliant price. In decent condition, she would have looked like this:
My find, however, was naked and fairly banged up with a chunk missing from her nose and a smashed upper lip, which made me think that a) she got into a fight somewhere along the way; b) she obviously won; and c) she needed a new life as a tree topper with a little red Rudolph nose and some antlers. After playing around with paint while talking to Sarah (you know, wonderstrumpet) on the phone, I decided the antlers had to come first.
What are you working on? Here are those contest rules again, in case you need guidance!
- The work must be done by you between November 7 and December 12, 2014.
- Any medium or combination of media is great. You can collage, draw, paint, watercolor, paper mache, sculpt, build, sew, crochet, knit, or tat.
- Leave a comment on one of the Living with Art for the Holidays posts and link a photograph using Mr. Linky. Barring that – if you don’t have a blog, for example – leave a comment and submit a photograph to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Your creation should be an artful holiday decoration. This may include wall art, mantle decorations, table decorations, ornaments, kitchen decor, etc.
- What do we mean by “artful”? Something that is thoughtfully designed and constructed. Something that looks good. Something that appears well-made.
- Picture quality matters, not in the sense that we’re judging your photography skills, but in the sense that if your picture is dark (or blown out), we can’t see the details, which means we can’t assess or appreciate the details. See what I mean?
- If you are redesigning an existing object, please include before and after pictures, so we can appreciate your achievement.
- Multiple entries are permitted.
- All projects will be featured in the wonderstrange Living with Art blog on December 19, 2014, a.k.a. the Friday before Christmas
- It doesn’t matter to us what your project is for. Maybe you’re going to give it to your brother. Maybe your spouse is going to steal it from your work table despite the fact that you planned to give it to your brother. Maybe you’re going to make it into your centerpiece for Christmas dinner. That’s up to you.
- The winner will be chosen by the women of wonderstrange over the weekend of December 12-14 and announced on Monday, December 15, which means that you can use the money to buy someone a present OR save it for yourself to buy art supplies, jewelry, books, yarn – whatever you like!
- The first-place winner will receive a $35 Amazon gift card. The second-place winner will receive a $15 Amazon gift card. Both will have the option to guest write a “Living with Art” post in 2015 (by no means required).