Hey kids, welcome back to another week of Chronicles. How is your journal coming? Are you finding time every day or just slamming it all out in one day? I have been doing the latter, but I’m going to try to do it the other way this week. As I’m writing this, it’s still six days before this will post, so we’ll see how it goes! The Anti-Journaling Manifesto is here, and the master list is here, but here are your random prompts:
- If you’re in a workshop or class, actually do an exercise (I am notoriously bad about taking workshops and not doing anything with them)
- Draw a word – for the most interesting words, check out The Daily Vocabula
- Open a book to a random page. Find a random blurb of text. Make art to go with it.
- Optional: Journal52 prompt: Color Swatch Inspiration
- Find some found poetry.
- Write about your favorite thing that happened this week.
- Write about something you’re excited about.
- When you catch yourself rolling your eyes at yourself, take a picture of the thing that is amusing you.
- Take a picture of someone doing something awesome.
- Do a photography challenge (try this one, or this one has a ton broken down by month, or all of these on Pinterest)
- Use something you’re hoarding.
- If you painted, sculpted, or otherwise created something you really love, take a picture and paste it in, especially if you gave it away or sold it!
Here are my pages… or page?
This week’s Lifebook lesson was to paint over collage.. Using an image from a magazine or wherever and then painting over it. Annie has talked about this same thing in Art Trader, so I was excited to try it. I dug through the collage images group on Flickr and found this lovely lovely lady:
I love that picture so much. I didn’t even really change her face much – just made her eyes bigger and her bottom lip fuller, but she turned into this:
Since she is juggling lots of stuff and my word for the year is prioritize, I decided to let that be one of the prompts and added it with letter stamps:
I used a metallic Gelato and a foam stamp to do her cool crowny thing:
I used a lot of Washi Tape, and I have a lot of Washi tape, so that counts as my destash for this week.
This is just amusing to me:
I am trying hard not to lose my Chronicles momentum!! THIS WEEK WILL BE MY WEEK!
I did make cool marker holders yesterday instead of posting pictures, so I’ll post a picture of those:
If you have suggestions or anything you’d like to see added to the list, I am happy to add them! This is YOUR project as much as it’s MY project.
I want to see your pages, so link them up!! Make sure to link to a specific page on your blog rather than to the blog itself so that no one has to hunt them down!