Bonjour, mes chatons fromage! Welcome to another week of anti-art-journaling, also known as the Chronicles project. If you’re new here, you can read the manifesto or just jump right in by checking out the master list.
Here are your randomly-chosen prompts for the week:
- If you’re in a workshop or class, actually do an exercise (I am notoriously bad about taking workshops and not doing anything with them)
- Look up “art techniques” on pinterest and try one
- Draw something off one of our 100 things to draw lists! (here’s 2011,2012, 2013, and 2014)
- Do a blind drawing (where you draw something with your eyes closed) or a contour drawing (when you draw something by looking at an object and following its contours without looking at the paper).
- Optional: Journal52 prompt: How Does Your Garden Grow?
- Write down at least 3 things you’ve accomplished this week. Even if it’s only ‘managed to not climb a clock tower’.
- Write something as an imaginary person. Check out Roz Stendahl’s International Fake Journal blog for inspiration!
- Write down your favorite poem or a quote you love.
- Find something fascinating in an abandoned or run-down building (obviously be safe while you do this..)
- Go black and white or sepia
- Go to http://dailypost.wordpress.com/category/photo-challenges/ and do this week’s challenge
- Optional: Captureyour365 prompt for any day or every day this week
- Try to find a new way to use something.
- Use something you’ve been holding onto for more than a year.
- If you painted, sculpted, or otherwise created something you really love, take a picture and paste it in, especially if you gave it away or sold it!
- You’ve seen 101081509157809175 funny pictures/memes/shares on Facebook this week – if one really really makes you laugh, print it out and paste it in.
- Paste in a fortune cookie fortune
My pages are all sort of half drying and half done, but here are a few pictures anyway:
Link up your pages should you so desire, and I’ll see you next week!